OUR ADVERTISERS

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Bicycle Search Engine








Google Custom Search




Have you ever went through endless pages on search engines like Google trying to find some information about bicycles and just having to waste time going through all those search engine optimized commercial websites before getting to the meat of what you are looking for? You, me and millions of people have bought that T-Shirt, well not anymore! I have made a custom search engine using a Google utility that permits searches only to those websites that I choose. So I chose from what I consider the best bike websites around and if you search in that little "Bicycle Search Engine" box at the top of this article or at the bottom of this blog, you should get immediate relevant information quickly. Of course this site is included, but I also included Sheldon Brown and some bike related forums as well.

So enjoy and if you notice an important bike related site missing, just email me at xddorox (at) gmail.com I will review the site and add it.

Til next time, ride safe and Godspeed.

Gerry :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought a new 26" comfort type bike and was informed that I should adjust the crank bearings. Where is this part and please show me how to do it. Thank you.

Gerry Lauzon said...

hat you need to do is make sure that you have no excessive sideway play. Take one of the crank arms and try to move it sideways and see what it does. If it's not moving, you're ok. If not, check this article: http://bikeoverhaul.blogspot.com/2006/08/
removing-one-piece-crank-from-frame.html

You should be able to figure it out with that. Just unscrew the lock nut and tighten the bearing cone.

Gerry :)

Anonymous said...

what is the first thing i should take apart when fully taking apart my bmx

Gerry Lauzon said...

I'll refer you to the BMX rebuild article on the left sidebar.

Gerry :)

Anonymous said...

i wondering if u know how to take bmx pegs off i cant seem to figure out how
cheers

Blogger said...

Submit your blog or website now for inclusion in Google and over 300 other search engines!

Over 200,000 websites handled!

Submit RIGHT NOW using I NEED HITS!!!