OUR ADVERTISERS

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Old School Bicycle Multi-Tool



One thing that I love to find when going around flea markets and garage sales are old flat bicycle multi tools.

They are often overlooked by the seller because they don't know what they are and they can be had on the cheap. In general between $0.25 and $1 each.

I love these old tools because they look real cool, their quality is in general superior to whatever is being made now and most of the time they can still be used.

Most of them are flat so storage is not an issue and if you ride an old bike, chances are they can actually fit most nuts and bolts and more on your bike.

The examples pictured in this post can handle bottom bracket assemblies, pedals and most nuts on older bikes. They can not only be used on the road but in the shop as well.

So keep your eyes open, you just never know what you might find. I like nothing better than collecting old things that can still be used. I figure I get more value for my money than just getting a pretty looking paper weight.

Until next time ride safe and free.

Gerry :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Any clue how much or where I can find out how much those tools are worth I got some for free and some have DORC4 engraved on them and some ACME and some MADE IN GERMANY

Gerry Lauzon said...

No idea Man. I guess they are worth what someone else is willing to pay for them. I don't really collect for monetary value.

Gerry :)

Unknown said...

My sister just gave me a keychain multitools that was just amazing. I didn't think that it would work since the tools are so tiny. I'm so glad that I'm wrong! I was able to use it seamlessly and it was so easy to use. I highly recommend that you get one or two - one to take with you and the other can be placed inside drawers in the office for easy access. I enjoin everyone to invest in a good multi-chain tool and you might want to get the best opinion on what to buy. See: http://myoutdoorslife.com/gear/traveling/buying-the-best-keychain-multi-tool.html

Unknown said...

Thanks

Unknown said...

A multi-tool is undoubtedly a one stop shopping. Apart from being lightweight and versatile, it is easy to use. One of the best multi-tool gear is a keychain multi-tool. See some amazing multi-tool gears here: http://wildernessmastery.com/outdoors/best-keychain-multitool.html

Jerry Gonzalez said...

Yep, they look real cool. Thanks!

yanmaneee said...

bape hoodie
golden goose
yeezy boost 700
off white shoes
bape
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
stone island sale
curry 7 sour patch
moncler