OUR ADVERTISERS

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 HTFB wrap up

Well I figured I should wrap up the year with a post that would both cover this past season and give you a glimpse of what may and might happen for 2012.


2011 was a wonderful year for me as I rediscovered the joys of riding my City. The heart attack 2 years ago had put a damper on things and I realize now that it took me a while to be comfortable in the saddle again. Not that it was physically hard, but the soul just wasn't in it for whatever reason.

This is where old and new friends come into play to get you motivated even if they don't know they're actually doing it. One ride in the spring with some old friends got me going again and hooked me up with new dynamic people living the bike dream every day. It's great to be young and if you're not, hang out just a bit with them and you will be again.

The biggest thrill for me was riding and hanging out with the Red Dress and Starley Rover Society bike clubs. These emerging Montreal bike clubs have brought the fun back into biking in groups. Riding for the sake of riding is what it is and what it should be. Sure advocacy is good but at some point you should stop and smell the roses because that's what you're advocating. These guys and gals do smell those roses...hard! They are also responsible for helping me out in the ultimate event of my life 2011(Second to becoming a Grandfather), the Beat the Main race. They were supportive before and during that crazy ride. I'm still debating about doing it again in 2012... I probably will.


As for 2012, I have a few things lined up. My friend Vlad is planning a trip to Africa by bike and I hope to help him out with the blog and keep you entertained in the process. I have a bike build planned to have a decent ride this summer in order to help me in my new found passion, photography. So keep posted.

Lastly I want to thank all of you for supporting this blog the way you do. We passed the 2 million views mark this year and for me that's pretty impressive. I hope to bring you even more in the coming years, inspiring more people to ride and get their hands dirty.

Until next time, ride safe and free.

Happy New Year, all the best to you and your family.


Gerry :)

5 comments:

Charlie Barrow said...

I just wanted to say thanks for such an inspiring blog. What I like most is that you don't write for a specific type of rider or enthusiast but your blog is such a celebration of anything on two wheels and the diverse bike cultures that go with it. I love it! Thanks. Happy New Year Gerry. I hope your 2012 brings exciting new 2-wheel experiences and all the best to you and yours.

Gerry Lauzon said...

Thanks Charlie. All the best to you and yours as well. I'm sure 2012 will be a landmark year for this blog.

Gerry :)

Jason Numbers said...

Amazing Information. I really Like it. https://apkcaster.com/asphalt-9-mod-apk/ https://flexapk.com/plants-vs-zombies-2-mod-apk/ https://apkvine.com/mortal-kombat-x-mod-apk/

ahmed mohamed said...

7. محاولة توفير المال قد يكلفك المزيد.
يقول سليمان: إن إنفاق بضعة دولارات على شراء بعض المتزلجون أو شراء أو استئجار دولاب بعجلات قد يوفر لك "الآلاف من الفواتير الطبية / العلاج بتقويم العمود الفقري"شركة نقل عفش
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الاردن

شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل

Dorothy said...

I personally like your post, you have shared good article. It will help me in great deal.
Dietplanpdf.com
Ketosidedishes.com