OUR ADVERTISERS

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Announcing Bike Project 2012

The snow is melting away and it is time to prepare for the new riding season here in Montreal. Last year I had some fun with my fleet of 3 bikes but i felt there was definitely a hole to fill and I also did some changes.

The big bike known as Jenna Saykwa will be transfered to my Son who has been salivating over it ever since it's been created. Since I built my stretched Chopper, I don't have a need for it anymore. The 1958 Raleigh Sports will be sent to semi-retirement after surviving last year's Beat the Main race. Turns out my Dad had the exact same bike back in 1958 so I want to preserve it.

Not much to look at but you know me.
That leaves me with nothing to ride around town and haul my photo equipment. That means it's time for a bike build. I need a versatile ride that's comfortable and that can carry a small load. The pile of junk that you see here comes into play.

This use to actually mean something and it will again.
This is the very first mountain bike that I ever bought back in 1992. It took me on off road single track, the city as a commuter and even served as a Winter bike for a very short time. It's been gathering dust for many years and gave away most of its parts for various projects. I love how this frame rides and I never had the guts to get rid of it, smart move!

Yeah those are ape hanger handle bars on there...don't ask!
The first step is to clean the frame and paint it in order to rebuild the bike. Keep posted as I will document this build from beginning to end.

Don't forget to check out the how-to articles.

Ride safe and free.

Gerry :)

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is going to be an awesome project, I look forward to following a long!

Anonymous said...

This is going to be cool!

The Disabled Cyclist

Warioda said...

I too have to build a bike to carry my photog equipment. I don't know where to start. I am thinking of putting two waterproof bags in front in addition to my regular back pack. What d'you think? Perhaps we could share tips? Keep me posted.

Gerry Lauzon said...

The camera I want to carry is a very hard to replace antique. So I'm thinking crash protection first. My idea will be to have a very well padded bag on top of the rear rack. Leaving the sides for tripod and other accessories or other easier to replace stuff like digital cameras.

Gerry :)

Indianapolis Brazilian Jiu Jitsu said...

I am amped to see the results of this project. Been wanting to do something similar myself but I am about as mechanical as my last water bottle I lost on the side of the road.

Janice McGill said...

Amazing Information. I really Like it. clash royale mod hungry shark evolution mod my talking angela apk mod

ahmed said...

تتغذى الأنثى الخنفساء على النباتات لبضعة أيام ، ثم تحفر في التربة لتضع بيضها. بعد فترة وجيزة ، سيعودون إلى التغذية والتزاوج ويبدأ الدورة مرة أخرى. بحلول نهاية الموسم ، ستضع كل خنفساء يابانية حوالي 50 بيضة.
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة رش مبيدات بالجبيل