OUR ADVERTISERS

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Time capsule from the 1990's

I recently found a bunch of films in my fridge that was almost 20 years old and had them processed this week. What a surprise when I found these 3 shots. All of which represent a first in my cycling life.

My first commuter bike, a cheapo mountain bike from Consumer's Distributing. It came in a box and I had to assemble it myself to save $10.


My first real mountain bike, a Velo Sport made here in Quebec. Until about 5 years ago it still had the rigid fork. The only reason that motivated that purchase was the bike's colour: red!


And this one, the genesis to all my recumbent builds. It wasn't the best looking, weighed a ton but it did the job very well. This picture was taken after it's very first ride. This machine was the result of my very first search on the web.


I'm glad I finally got these processed.

Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did.

Gerry :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ALWAYS cool to have a look back,especially into one's own history! Cool pics!

That Mitsubishi Eclipse in the second pic,what year? I remember I bought one as my first brand new car in 1994,a GSX (turbo AWD),first year I think of the non-popup headlights,LOL! WOW I'm surprised I didn't die in that thing (lets just say back then I wasn't such the safe and courtious driver that I strive to be when I have to drive now-a-days ;) :p )

The Disabled Cyclist

Gerry Lauzon said...

I'm guessing here 1992.

Gerry

georgiaboy said...

very cool, wish i had pics of my early bikes. though truthfully the bike bug didnt bite me til adulthood, and my roommates beat-up mountain bike was my sole means of transportation.

Nitrogen Tyre Inflation said...

This is really nice. I really love looking back at those days. My father used to have his old photos of his motor bikes and it is really a lot of fun listening to his stories just like yours.

Gerry Lauzon said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this post. At first, I wasn't going to post this thinking it wouldn't bring anyone anything of value. I'm happy I was wrong.

Gerry :)

mtm said...

Put some rolls of film in your fridge for 20 years from now!

Gerry Lauzon said...

It'll be more like forgetting an SD card in the drawer for 20 years. :)

Gerry