OUR ADVERTISERS

Monday, December 18, 2006

THE PERFECT BIKE FUEL: THE CHEESEBURGER!


Does that look yummy or what? Yes, the delicious Cheeseburger. I am no nutrionnist and I don't claim anything to that effect. So if you are about to fire an email to me(xddorox@gmail.com)to tell me in your best politically correct tone that I'm dead wrong about this, don't bother and go back to sipping your Caffeine Free Diet Coke(brown coloring in water!).

To me, a cheeseburger is the best food I can have in the middle of a long ride. I mean just check out what's in there! You have meat, dairy, bread and vegetables! Throw in a full flegde Coke and you have all the food groups. :) Mind you, you have to take it with all the trimmings. Also, I don't think that those winnie cheeseburgers from the golden arches qualify. I mean Burger King and Wendy's make a decent one, but the true Cheeseburger is made at one of those Mom and Pop restaurants. What better way to live the local experience when you travel than to eat in one of those nice little restaurants.

There's nothing that picks me up like a good and juicy Cheeseburger. The alternative of one of those bird food bars just doesn't cut it for me. Who cares about all of those calories, you will burn them off. Riding a bike at 65% VO2 max burns fat, so you don't have to go all out to keep your nice trim body or prevent that belly from growing out of proportion. Don't trust me on this, I have no clue of what I'm talking about! (Except for that 65% VO2 max thing, that's true, burns fat)

Bottom line is ride for the fun of it and don't take it too seriously. You will reap the benefits anyways.

Til next time, ride safe and Godspeed!

Gerry

4 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

I love a big juicy hamburger (had a cheeseburger for dinner last night, piled high with sauteed mushrooms and avocado), but remember also that cycling (or other exercise) does not completely negate the harmful effects of a bad diet. Runner Jim Fixx died at age 52 from a heart attack; his genetics played a part, but his awful junk food diet played right into his bad genes.

Soooo, everything in moderation!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Frisby said...

I eat granola. Seems to pick me up. I chase it with my brown water Coke Zero.

Cara mengobati kuku kekeongeun said...

given article is very helpful and very useful for my admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here hopefully helped :

Cara mengatasi anemia pada ibu hamil
Cara mengatasi limpa bengkak