OUR ADVERTISERS

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

THE GREATEST BIKE MECHANIC IS GONE


I have just learned that last Sunday on the 3rd of February 2008, we lost Sheldon Brown. This man is behind the greatest bike website on the web ever, sheldonbrown.com. He was the inspiration behind this blog and he his in part responsible for my passion for fixing and repairing bicycles. My condolences to his family and friends. It is not really a comfort, but it is still something to remember, Sheldon's passion and knowledge will live on as long as the web exist.

Thanks for everything Sheldon, where ever you are. I just hope there are bikes up there. Let us know, ok?

Godspeed

Gerry

3 comments:

Leonardo Da Bici said...

R.I.P Sheldon !

Anonymous said...

It is sad to hear he has passed away. Today I needed help and advice on removing the gears so I could replace some spokes. I found his site (and yours) and have managed to do teh job.

Even though he is no longer with us, his site still helps others, like me, and I believe will still serve as a motivator for many.

bike mechanic said...

Great to see such blog as I am also looking for the bike mechanic. He is the best mechanic and I am looking forward for contacting such peoples.