OUR ADVERTISERS

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS BLOG?

Well it's more like what's going on with this blogger! Has most of you have noticed, this place has been pretty quite for a while. I even had some of you writing to me asking when will the next how-to article be put up. Let's just say that my real world life has been keeping me busy lately. Home renovations, quitting smoking, a brutal Canadian winter have all contributed to the mess that my shop is right now as you can see in the attached picture.


Let me say that the state of my shop is very much a reflection of my personal condition as well. You'd think that quitting smoking after 25 years would be a piece of cake and that it would in no way put you in a position of questioning just about everything in your life! Of course it does, that and the sudden desire to maim and badly hurt every idiot that decides to magically cross your path when you are in that phase. However, I'm happy to report that this has in no way put to rest my passion for bikes, the desire to share said passion with you and I haven't inherited a criminal record for sending any low life morons to the underworld.

I just need 2 weeks to get the creative juices flowing again and I will be back stronger than ever. Just to let you know, I have a how-to video ready for editing and a review of the bike show that was announced on this site a couple of weeks ago. This summer looks good with at least 3 project builds, including the conclusion of the homebuilt rear suspension recumbent, that I will be more than happy to share with you.

I have taken the time to clean up the blog a bit. I have also posted some links to affiliate programs that I'm a member of. I know that you folks are not dumb and I would never try to fool anyone into anything they are not interested to. That is why those links are clearly marked in the "Shameless plugs" section in the sidebar. I'm not looking into being a millionaire, just trying to get some more time with my family and my bikes of course. ;)

Lastly, I look forward to putting some more interesting content in this and my other blogs and sharing the stuff with you. I'll leave you with a nice winter portrait of our winter so far in Montreal.

Godspeed

Gerry :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

good on you for quitting smoking. happy to wait as long as it takes for your next post. you're friking awesome.

Anonymous said...

Salut Gerry, Good luck kicking the weed, that's an amazingly seriously addictive drug! I just found your site a couple of nights ago, and it was incredibly helpful. Thank-you, and good luck again (I came to ask a question, I'll put it elsewhere on the site, and when/if you get around to it , that'll be fine). -P.

Anonymous said...

Gerry, Your tips and tricks in your blog has helped me rebuild a 14 year old 10 speed mountain bike, and turn it into a "Fire Bike" for the fire department I belong too. It should be done in the next week or so. Thanks!

Gerry Lauzon said...

"...you're fricking awesome.", now if that is not a morale booster, nothing is. Many thanks. P, you're welcomed. Nick, I never get tired to hear about bikes being saved. Glad I helped contribute to it. I fought old man fire myself some years ago, always nice to hear from a brother.

Gerry :)

Pernicious Panda said...

Bless you, and good luck with kicking the smoking habit. I just discovered your site today after a frustrating trip to my bike shop. I'll be checkign in more in the future. In the meantime, best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on quitting smoking, and my sympathies for the process:) I did the same a while back and can kick my friends' butts on two wheels now, with nice lung power! But how great it is to have the lungs back doesn't really make the process any easier, but good for you for sticking with it:)

Gerry Lauzon said...

To Danger Panda and Johnny, many thanks for your encouragement. It is truly appreciated.

Gerry :)

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely e-mail some pictures of the finished "Fire Bike" for you to post on your blog once it is complete. That should be in the next week or so, depending on the weather. -Nick

Gerry Lauzon said...

Can't wait too see it Nick. I will definitely post it if you take the time to send them in.

Gerry :)

Anonymous said...

oh holy crap that's some crazy snow

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of snow! I've just discovered your blog and wondered if you might be able to help. I've just acquired a 1987 Peugeot Tradition for free from a recycling website and it needs quite a lot of work. I've been trying to find out some more information about it but 'Googling' it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere so I was wondering if you could give me some advice on where to look.

Gerry Lauzon said...

Vicky,
Send me a picture of the bike at: xddorox ( at ) gmail.com and I might be able to help you out.

Gerry :)

Carlos Garcia Granthon said...

Hi, sorry for taking your time but.. I need help; I found a vintage bike in a "chikens cage" in a small village, so as i like old bikes.. I bring it with me for about US$ 3.00.. it is a "Velocipedi Garozzo" trade mark, made in Italy... looks like a 50s or 60s road/race bike, plated cromed frame, all acc. are campagnolo, whells missing, a lot of moisture and chikens shit on it.

my problem is to get some imformation about this bike to restore... I cant find it in internet... can you or anyone help me?

thanks

Carlos
proteuslima@hotmail.com

Gerry Lauzon said...

Carlos, sounds like you found yourself a nice diamond in the rough there! I can't help you on information about this bike, but I guaranty you this: It's worth restoring. What are your chances of finding an Italian made chrome plated road bike these days for $3? Without being worth a fortune, that restored bike could bring in a few hundred bucks for sure. Some guys have all the luck.

Gerry :)

Anonymous said...

I have also aquired a peugeot tradition. Did you ever get back to Vicky (in the post above) with advice on fixing one. If so if you could pass on the inof that would be great.

Thanks

Andrew