OUR ADVERTISERS

Friday, October 24, 2008

HOW TO FIX BIKES ON FACEBOOK AND HOW TO CONTACT ME


That's right, howtofixbikes on Facebook is now a group. I've been a member of Facebook for a little while now and find that it is a great way to make contacts and share ideas. Hence the creation of the "HOWTOFIXBIKES.CA" group.

Come join us to share, rant, rave and post pictures of your ride with all the other readers of this bicycle repair blog. I hope to make this a true international bicycle exchange of ideas. The combination of this blog and the group should make for some interesting exchanges. Don't be shy and post your stuff, ask questions and have fun. I'll be there at least once a day to maintain the place and keep you posted on the latest here.

Come and join us today here: http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/group.php?gid=49048827216

You can also contact me directly at: howtofixbikes@gmail.com



See you there soon, Godspeed.

Gerry :)

16 comments:

Jerome said...

Hey Gerry, great blog you've got hear. Just can to it via BikeHacks. I've also joined your facebook group. Thanks for work here. It's excellent! Cheers.

Gerry Lauzon said...

Thanks Jerome, I'm glad you enjoy it and welcome aboard.

Gerry :)

Amerk said...

Thanks for this site! I know nothing about bicycle repair and am an eager learner!

Unknown said...

You're welcomed.

Gerry :)

Anonymous said...

Help please! I need help identifying and locating parts for my Cignal Village Velo adult three wheel tricycle (circa 2001). I've got pictures posted here: http://sites.google.com/site/myadulttrike/

Thanks!! Michele

Unknown said...

Thanks for this site! It will be useful, especially since I'm planning on a bike cart. Thanks for building this blog!

Dave Marry said...

Gerry
Just found your site and it's great. I am a 64 year old granpa looking start a little home bike shop. My biggest need is how to price my work. any help from anybody would be great.
Dave Marry

Gerry Lauzon said...

Dave, figure what your time is worth ( per hour)and charge accordingly. I would charge a flat fee for fixing everything on the bike based on an average time that it takes to do it.

Gerry

Cristi said...

Hey Gerry, I just emailed you a question

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerry, I have Sram x9 thumb shifters on my MTB. When I shift, the thumb shifter goes slack and stays in the down position. I have to manually lift it back up to shift again. Any ideas?

Marc said...

hi,

my back wheel is loose & rattling from side to side. it looks broken, rather than in need of tightening up.

i'm not very good at describing it. is there somewhere i can post a photo instead?

thanks,
Marc

Gerry Lauzon said...

Your axle is either loose at the bearing cups or broken inside your hub.

Gerry

Unknown said...

Hi Gerry, I'm a new cyclist and I recently got into an accident where I drove into a car. I hit the car at quite a fast velocity and this caused the forks which hold my front wheel together to bend back. I was hoping that with your knowledge and your experience you might be able to instruct me on how to fix it.
Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Gerry, I'm a new cyclist and I recently got into an accident where I drove into a car. I hit the car at quite a fast velocity and this caused the forks which hold my front wheel together to bend back. I was hoping that with your knowledge and your experience you might be able to instruct me on how to fix it.
Thanks.

Richard C. Lambert said...

Thanks for the informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good..
purchase facebook likes australia

yanmaneee said...

kd shoes
moncler
jordan 1
stephen curry shoes
nike off white
curry 6
yeezy 500
jordan sneakers
a bathing ape
kyrie 4 shoes