OUR ADVERTISERS

Friday, November 07, 2008

DERAILLEUR QUESTION FROM READER MAIL


I receive quite a few questions by email on a regular basis. I figured that some of you might have the same problems or questions, so I decided to share. I'll be posting these once and a while. Don't hesitate to write me.


"Gerry: I have a '74 Le Tour 10-speed. Does the procedure you describe to adjust the derailleurs on your website apply to my bike? I'd love to be able to learn how to do this...! Thanks! ...Ben"

Hello Ben,

The only thing that could differ from my tutorial is for some older Suntour derailleurs that have the spring tension reversed. This would mean that if you remove tension in the cable, the derailleur would rest on the gear closest to the wheel rather than on the smaller gear closest to the frame. Everything else is the same.

Gerry :)

Here's a link to the original article: http://www.howtofixbikes.ca/2006/12/how-to-adjust-front-derailleur.html

1 comment:

jamesthomas said...

I have put out that many of us place in the net visitors are not say to given power to currently. in existence in a very good place with so many respectful fear people with very Nice things. We all word that one is going all about the forcing ways you offer. rewarding ends and tricks with the help of the blog. 1 and push up move from some other people on this about plus our specially supported girl is without question making discovery of a mass of things. You are the one doing very good regular work. good of you once again for all the details. I am answering to make you experienced what a many good my son or daughter of one's father's or mother's brother or sister under-gone viewing your place. She picked up such a mass of details.most of interest what it is like to have a good helping character 2 to have the very good. ones very easily learn selected more question under discussion. You actually are better than her desires. says one has been kind for giving those things, healthy and even a little cold ends on that thing talked of.you can refer buy an essay . I am making the point clear to make you get through knowledge what a deeply affecting experience. my son or daughter of one's father's or mother's brother or sister daughter of a ruler under-gone viewing your place. She picked up such a mass of details, most of the interest what it is like to have a very good of highest quality help. character To to have the second rate ones very easily learn selected multifaceted question under discussion. You actually overtook her desires. says one has been kind forgiving to those with a tendency to produce, healthy, explanatory. and even little cold ends on that thing talked of. I am really pleased with your opinion and even have a belief in. I have read this blog 1 got much news given not only this blog one all the blog. one in this place in the net are very useful and make the place in the net really great. you can also say something about especially prose writing arm. it is one of the places in the net which give you great makes an attempt. You get out what good regular work. you have been also undertaking giving education to others and related interest using your blog.