OUR ADVERTISERS

Monday, April 19, 2010

ANOTHER REASON THAT LIGHTS ARE HANDY TO HAVE ON YOUR BIKE


So I was all Father figure yesterday bitchin about people not lighting up their ride at night. Well it happens that I was reminded today that having a light handy can be a lifesaver or at the very least very practical aside from death prevention.

I was fixing my bike this evening (that will be for another post). It's too big to bring inside the house so I have to work outdoors. Sure enough I ran out of light before I had a chance to finish. It figures, always plan for twice the time you think it's going to take.

Then I remembered that I had some light on board with my little turtle LED light. I had previously used it in the same fashion, to brighten up my "work space", when my bike crapped out on me twice at the worst possible time in the dark. So I was able to fine tune my repairs and right after slapped it back on the handlebar with it's twin, yes I have two, for a test ride.

Who said safety equipment can't be practical. To quote the great Red Green : "If women don't find you handsome, at least they can find you handy.".

Until next time, ride safe and Godspeed.

Gerry :)

3 comments:

Donald said...

@ autobodypart8:

Is this some new version of spam or something? Srsly, wtf?

Gerry Lauzon said...

Yes it WAS. Too bad for spammers, I keep an eye out for that stuff.

Gerry :)

Dodgers323 said...

There was a new commercial a while back where these people painted their bikes with some neon paint and ride around the city at night, everyone loved it! Now i need investigate how to do that..