OUR ADVERTISERS

Saturday, August 26, 2006

HOW TO BUILD A BIG CARGO TRAILER, TRAILER IN USE


Just an update for the Big El Cheapo Bicycle Cargo Trailer. It's fun to show you how to build a trailer, but it's also fun to show you how it's used. Here we have two pictures of the trailer in use, the first image was a test. I carried the tandem bike frame just to see if the trailer could do the job. The second image, the trailer is actually working hard. I was testing the small grocery cargo trailer when I found this big piece of furniture by the side of the road. I rushed back home and pinned the big trailer on the cruiser and went back for it. The load was so well distributed that the hitch was not affected at all by the heavy load. I pedaled using only the two lowest gears and it went pretty good.

In the image, you see the bike being supported only by it's standard kickstand.

If you want to build a small grocery getter trailer for your bike, check out my new build article on the subject.

Til next time, ride safe.

Gerry

1 comment:

Anna Schafer said...

Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information! Get Locksmith