OUR ADVERTISERS

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wow! This is nuts or coming soon.


This blog was created with the intention of helping out people with some bicycle repair knowledge and I never taught that it would get so much attention!

I've received requests to show how to align wheels and how to restore a bicycle from the ground up. In order to give you the proper information, because there is a lot of it, I will create 2 more blogs for this in order to make sure that things are not too crowded. The wheel blog will cover everything from building a wheel to installing a tire. The bike overhaul will contain every possible detail as well. By the way, I've found a subject for the bike restoration, so all of you fans out there won't have to wait to long for this to begin.

This is my first blog. I made it during my vacation and now I am back to work. Time is limited, but I will be updating everything and putting up the new blogs within a week. So keep posted, there's a lot of material and I'm not about to run out of it.

I've also noticed that readers of this blog come from all over the world. It's a great feeling to know that you can help people from all over the planet from the comfort of your home.

Keep your comments and questions coming. I respond on a regular basis.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats! I've been reading for a while, what a fantastic concept. I'm hoping you'll eventually tell me how to deal with my creaky bottom bracket (did I miss that post?).

Anyway, thanks a bunch. Keep up the good work. Blog on!

s.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the success of your blog! I've enjoyed reading your posts and I look forward to more.

I'm not sure I understand why you're considering starting two separate blogs for the posts on "wheels" and "bike restoration". It seems to me those topics would be of interest to the readers of this blog! More content for here and it keeps things simpler for you. =)

I'd recommend you stick with one blog for at least another few months rather than taking on the additional work of three separate places for your posts. If Blogger supports "tagging" of posts, that might be a good solution.

Readers who are only interested in posts about certain topics could easily and immediately filter for those by clicking on a "tag" if you include a list on your blog.

I'm just worried that 3 separate blogs with "tons of information" might become more of an obligation and less of an opportunity for you and for your readers.

Keep up the good work and thanks!

m.

Gerry Lauzon said...

Thanks. For that creaky bottom bracket, here's what you do. Check if your pedals are not making that noise first. Second, see if there is any play in the bottom bracket(BB) by trying to move a pedal arm from side to side. If both arms are moving at the same time, it's the BB that needs to be overhauled or replaced. If it's only one side, get a 14mm socket and ratchet and tighted the bolt that holds the arm to the BB axle. It could also be a defective pedal crank arm, my friend had such a problem last week with his $3000 bike.

The need for two more blogs is to help me and the reader. There is so much stuff in the wheel section that I don't want it to get mixed up with the other stuff. Same thing with the restoration. There will be links for those on the main blog. No big deal for me, don't worry.

Thank you all for your great support.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've just found this blog and I plan on becoming a regular reader. Thanks for all the great advice.

I'd really like to see a post or two on the best way to repaint some of those old frames we pick up from around the place. (I don't have a compressor)

All the best from Melbourne, Australia

Gerry Lauzon said...

Welcome to the blog dear Aussie cousin. I repaint all my rides with spray cans. The trick is in the preparation. Keep posted for the great Canadian Bike Overhaul about to be launched very soon. I'm sure that the legendary Aussie know-how will be inspired to do the same or better.

Anonymous said...

Great blog, thanks for all the advice.

Just curious, why are you creating new blogs? Why don't you instead use a category system or something? I'm not sure if/how Blogger supports that but it would make more sense than actually breaking it up into different websites..

Anyway just my $0.02, keep up the good work!

Gerry Lauzon said...

Hi Mike, thanks for the comment. I don't want to spread the info in the main repair blog for wheels and the resto project. I'm new at blogging and this is the best way for me at the moment. I'll check into it.